Talofa lava

this week I have been working on creating a mosaic as you can see, this is one of the few school values in Edmund Hillary. Firstly, Manaakitanga is about engaging with other people, and managing strong relationships. Also showing care for other people around you. for example, helping loved ones, and encouraging and supporting people, even if they are complete strangers.

Secondly, Whanuangatanga is about maintaining relationships. So basically close connections with one another. Also finding a sense of family connection. A relationship through shared experience, of working together, which provides people with a share of belonging.

thirdly, Rangatiratanga is about the right for Maori people to rule themselves. Self determination, Independence, sovereignty, autonomy.

Lastly, Kaitiakitanga means guardianship and protection towards environment, also if you didn’t know what Kaitiakitanga, Kaitiaki is guardian. and Kaitiakitanga is Maori term used for the concept of guardian of the sky, the sea, and the land.

2 thoughts on “Our School Values

1. Hi Exodus I am Nova from Paroa school
    Greymouth I really enjoyed how you made it colorful your school values are very important.
    Did you know that one of our school values is Manaakitanga it is amazing how we have something in common.
    I hope to see your reply.😁

1. Talofa lava Nova and Thank you for checking
      my post on my school values.
      I look forward to seeing your Mahi.
      – Exodus